Agglomeration or Granulation of powders delivers many functional, commercial, Health and Safety benefits.
- Agglomerated powders are free flowing, less susceptible to lumps, forming bridges in process and are less hygroscopic.
- Wet-ability and instant characteristics are greatly improved as is dispersibility in liquids.
- Agglomerates are easier to dose accurately having consistent particle size distributions.
- Consistent particle size delivers improved homogeneity with little or no segregation of minor components
- Accurate dosing of homogeneous powders delivers end product consistency and reduced waste.
- Improved dispersion can speed up production processes.
- Agglomerates can reduce the need for expenditure on specialised mixing equipment.
- Less dust results in less waste and less time on cleaning plant after use.
Health and Safety Benefits
- Less dust leads to cleaner factory environments.
- Dust control reduces the risk to employees through accidental slipping, inhalation and skin/eye irritation.
- Agglomerated powders are more likely to conform to the latest dust control regulation.